Monday, March 30, 2015

Eight Dotee babies...

...but, the last one left home the same day she was completed.  As a matter of fact..I had to work diligently to get her done.. she was a gift for somebody's birthday..
A friend who does origami with me.  I wish she had mentioned her special day a few sooner than she did... but, at least I got it done the following day.

She noticed the pink brocade when I was showing her my little collection of dollies... said she would like one made with that.  I wasn't really going to bother trying to make one with it initially.  It was just sitting there on top of the pile of possible fabrics I wanted to use.. ... you know how brocade is... erm...well, it is for me anyway...but, I remembered to leave plenty of seam allowance and it worked out okay.  I trimmed it closer later... leaving it a bit wider at the closure. Whew...

Click to see her closer and see the pretty beads and pearls ...



















I put on some pearls and gave her one of the special silver beads we bought for some silvery papered origami ornaments.  We only found one small strand so we use them sparingly.



















She loves her; says she will carry her around for the better part of the day .. and is trying to decide on a name ...  so, for now... I call her Miko... we'll see if it sticks.














So, there were eight ..for about half an hour. .. but, now we are back to seven..  lucky number 7 again...

Here she is ...ready to leave home...

Little Miko... sorry, she is slightly out of focus... but I had already delivered her before I looked at the photo on the computer ...darn it... she looks so cute in her comfy papers......





4 comments:

Dolores said...

Ahhhh, Pretty in Pink. Miko is simply adorable.

Judys Lace Creations said...

So pretty. I found 4 half done Dotees I must have made ages ago.I am just finishing them off now.Will post very soon.Love that swag/bunch/flurry?? of Dotees!!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I do hope Miko keeps her name - it suits her perfectly.

Lin said...

I'm gettin' a Dotee! I'm gettin' a Dotee! :P