Tuesday, August 12, 2014

City mouse or country mouse..

We live in a fairly big city...but, you'd never guess it by the wildlife that is close by.

We also live close to a city golf course that has a big culvert that runs under a highway to a big park area ... where people walk dogs, but where some deer always manage to survive as well.  I'm sure several don't make it but, I'm not even going to think about that part of life.  I like to think they all get big, strong and find somebody to love.

Like this little guy.  Look at those cute little velvety antlers... awww..

Somehow he got over or around some fencing and was in our cul de sac last week.   ...   I've seen him twice since and his little footy prints are on my lawn in the mornings and, in my garden....I must get up earlier so I can photograph him directly outside my window!  .. Well, maybe he comes in the night ... not the early a.m.... who knows... ....

Anyway... here are some fun shots of him that Mr. BV got while I got dressed ..I was still in my 'jammies.... and, then...a few more I got of him as I followed him from yard to yard ...til he got too far down the block...and, I felt a bit guilty playing paparazzi ... poor little guy...

Two days before that I had seen the same little guy on the 12th tee box on the golf course... hiding (sort of) and nibbling bushes there as well... he was doing the hiding and nibbling..not me.

Click on the pics to "biggify" ....












16 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

Oh he is a handsome guy. You are so lucky to see wild life near you. All we get in the form of wild life here is foxes.:-) once I saw a badger walking into our garden and I got all excited over it. Unfortunately I did not have a camera with me and it was too dark to take pictures as well:-)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What a thrill to have him come so close! Hopefully he knows to avoid cars.

Grandma C said...

He is cute, and has a nice set of antlers.

Grandma C said...

He is cute, nice set of antlers too!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Vee,
Great photos! Over here we see lots of wild life too especially alligators!

Hugs

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

He found his home!

P.S. I'd love to see foxes in the backyard...never see them at all!
~

Judys Lace Creations said...

How lovely to see this lovely boy so close to home.Deer have such lovely eyes, and any baby creature is wonderful!
Judy x

Mary Ann Tate said...

We don't get deer in our backyard anymore. I think that they've moved farther north because we now get coyotes in the ravine near our house:( However I was sitting out on the deck the other day and noticed that some of my bushes were moving. Out popped a fat little groundhog. He then started eating my lettuce!

EG CameraGirl said...

The deer population must be overcrowded for them to come out to eat on city streets during daylight hours. You were quick to get your camera to get these wonderful shots.

Rohrerbot said...

What a nice surprise!!!! Love these guys! You are so lucky to have them around! Happy Wednesday!

Gwen Buchanan said...

very reindeer-like.. I think he was there checking whether you were naughty or nice!! handsome fellow!

Lin said...

He's cute only until he starts decimating flowers and bushes in the yards. They can do so much damage...and then he becomes a target. Keep moving, deer friend. Go find food away from the 'hood!

Maria Vaz said...

Oh I remember those wonderful times when the animals would appear from nowhere. Blame them! They wanted to join in the fun!;D lol.

Anonymous said...

Pretty! Though I might not think so highly of it if it was in my yard.

Abi said...

Wow. How beautiful.

Ida said...

I love deer shots and these are delightful. I became a new follower but would love to get e-mail updates if you would add that feature to your blog.