Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Blog fodder/embarrassing moment..


It's hard to know the difference.

Sometimes I used to think it would be almost too embarrassing to show you some of my erroneous or downright stupid stitching moments...but, hey, it's definitely nothing like all of Rob Ford's regular life ..so what's the big deal?  I'll just blurt it out and carry on like nothing out of the ordinary is happening.

Here's the morning's effort...

Merrily stitching away on the machine...which is not my fortè anyway...but...onward... it must be used for FME.  Well, I suppose you could spend all day doing backstitch by hand over a rather large area....but, no... not that necessary to waste time doing that.  I need a new 'master sheet' of fabric from which to cut some new pin pillows/cushions.... and I do need to get on with it...I want at least one finished before Christmas.

This sheet is off white compared to the pristine whites I used for my first sheet  ....   and I've found some lovely bits of fabric including a piece of satiny one side stuff...it might be crepe of some kind...I'm not all that knowledgable about fabrics.

Anyway..back to my story...which by now is reaching novella length and I'm not even into it yet...hahhaha.... I'm going to say it.....I sound like Karen.... whittering on at length... ooooh, there; I've done it...I'll be on the "naughty step" in our class for sure now.....

oh, sorry....another detour...it's like driving around our city..you can't find your way on any of the streets just now due to construction, road repairs and so called flood mitigation antics ...

Pay attention to where the edges and corners of your fabric sheet are once you get whizzing along, doing great circles and chortling to yourself about how wonderful it is looking..... with the stitching creating lovely artistic swirls and satiny bumps that look like little pearls......sigh.............because sure as the dickens, something like this will happen while you are congratulating yourself.

Can you see it?















Yes, I did.  Stitched the front to the back with FME .... and it's even stitched it into the darn hoop.  What the ?? .... aarrgghhhhhh!!!@%&*

Great.  This could take a while..... where is my trusty little picker thing-a-ma-jig?...



















Found it.  Picked it and ..yes, I did say some blue words......but, mostly under my breath, while trying not to ruin my pretty satiny fabric... cuz it will leave marks if I poke around willy nilly.





















HAH!! Salvaged it.  And, it looks fine if I say so myself.  Okay then.... now, I can brush my teeth and get on with the rest of my day.....
















Tip of the Day:::  pay attention to what I am doing.    Think before pressing the pedal.


8 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm sorry. I'm in the naughty corner too, because I have to admit that I laughed. But I only did that because I know full well that I do the exact same thing! Keeps us humble.

Beedeebabee said...

I laughed too, but only because you're so funny when you tell your little stories! My sewing machine hates me, and he never behaves when we're together, so I try to avoid being near him at all costs! Vee, I love your new banner. All your creations are just wonderful...and that drawing you did in the post below is just gorgeous!!! You go girl!!!

Mary Ann Tate said...

Ha Ha....I had to laugh because it happens to all of us at one time or another. I'm impressed that you are doing FMQ on your sewing machine. I've tried that but I must have missed something in the how-to manual. It was definitely a blue word moment for me:(

Twiglet said...

Don't stress yourself - we have all done it!!! x Jo

Shashi Nayagam said...

Hi Vee had a wonderful time catching up. Hope I can keep up with blogs now a bit more.
You are a multitalented lady. Lovely drawings you are too modest.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we have all done it!!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Oh, oh!!! I know exactly how you felt.. I have stitched so many things together that were not meant to be together.. We have a lot in common. but wow you did an amazing job of carefully picking out those naughty stitches..

Nan G said...

Yes I chuckled at/with the telling of your story. Can't say I've done that as I won't go near a working sewing machine! Which makes you my hero.