Monday, May 6, 2013

What I'm doing..

Still working with various techniques we are learning in Karen Ruane's Embroidery, Embellish and Create class....

Funky puffs... sorry, not for eating, Twig... but they do look good enough to do just that don't they?....
They are little circles, drawn up and stuffed.  One just has some French knots on the surface and the other has been cut away, some lace inserted, buttonhole stitch done around the cut area... so many possibilities with these little guys.  They are tiny, ...same size as my Chinese knots...and can be used on the surface of our wrapping cloth, or as trim around an outside edge...well, if a person made many more that is.....two won't exactly cut it as a trim...
















I made Rosebud several years ago in a class that was about learning to do bullion stitch.  We each made our bears more or less outside class time..after learning the stitch... but, that's another story...

Let's just say, this class of Karen's that I am now taking is so much more than it was advertised... not at all like other classes I have done in the past.. if you ever decide to take one of her classes, you will be glad you did.  Worth every penny and then some ...and such fun too... especially ours.  It's been great.



















The bullion flowers on little Rosebud were my inspiration... but, quite honestly?   I did have to refer to my A ~ Z of Embroidery Stitches to do the first two 'cuz I totally forgot how I did them back then.  I  did the third pretty much without referring to every picture of how to make it happen.. but, they are a bit tricky til you do a few...

My cloth is going to be all whites and off whites...and mostly whites for embroidery threads as well...but, have now decided to add some yellows and a lovely soft green...

Embroidered bullion rose...on the corner of a dainty, almost fragile, fine cotton hanky given to me by my Mom many years ago...I was only about 15... so....it's definitely vintage...hahahhahah....
















Today, I'm playing with clay ... and Lin....I will try for legs for Ms. Goosie sometime this week....honest.........

She so busted me on the last post....



5 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Very pretty....I love the roses...really lovely:) Rosebud is very sweet too.

I was too late to take this class but you have inspired me to enroll in an embroidery course of sorts..."Sumptuous Surface Embroidery". I just found out today that I won some hand dyed threads in a blog giveaway which was serendipitous:)

Twiglet said...

Oh it's all looking so lovely V. So glad you are having fun with it. That's what is so good about creative activities - never a dull moment. x Jo

deanna7trees said...

great job on the puffs and i love the bullion rose. i haven't ever made one of those.

Lin said...

I'm just lookin' out for my goose friend. :)

Do people still do silk ribbon embroidery? I did that years ago and loved it...not the price, but the effect was lovely.

Catherine said...

Is it spring there yet? Are you getting this warm weather? Hope you find time to go outside and play. :)
xo Catherine