Monday, March 4, 2013

Here was our Sunday...

It was howling winds and blowing snow for several hours.... and now we have a new 7 inches of the stuff ....

Not that the yard doesn't look lovely.... because it does.  The mess the landscapers left when they got caught unaware with a big dump of snow very early in our season... is covered once again...and I much prefer looking outside to this than piles of dirt, exposed irrigation pipes and big stumps that still need grinding...















At one point the driving snow was so thick you could hardly see across the street....















the wind caused it to swirl in all directions...it landed on each and every single window of the house...
 as you can see, it filled the pots once again too..



















beautiful..... I love it.

A perfect day to stay inside; warm and toasty; baking.


7 comments:

Dolores said...

Our snow is hard and crusty. No new stuff for a while now. It is cold but the sun's out so that's a bonus. It doesn't feel as cold with the sun. Stay in, keep warm and find some great recipes to try.

Anonymous said...

Brrrrr - what a lot of snow!!

Abi said...

I love the look of it, but I'm glad ours is melting now.....

Gwen Buchanan said...

Oh you poor baby. same here. I am now hoping that this new snow has come to take the old snow away. that makes me feel better.

I have to ask you how you like your new kitchen range.. my oven(gas) just died, the top still works and I am now in the beginning phase of looking for a new one. I want to keep it simple cause the digital display board on this one kicked the can three times and now I'm nervous. Those toaster ovens come in real handy.

Lin said...

We're getting 10 inches tomorrow--and crazy as it sounds, I'm excited for it. We haven't had much of a winter, so I'm looking forward to calling in "sick" to work and reading by the fire all day. Don't tell anyone where I'm at, okay?

Jennifer Rose said...

o.0

it is pretty, but glad it there not here :p

Shashi Nayagam said...

Looks very pretty Vee. I like to snuggle up when the weather is like that. If I was in your country I would probably spend half my life snuggled up lol! Hope you are having a lovely day.