Sunday, May 13, 2012

Memories of Portugal..

In February we went to Portugal....

Before Christmas I had not been sick with a cold or cough for 17 years...but, we landed and I seemed to have a sore throat.  It got worse.  By the third day I just wanted to lie in Maria's bed, under the soft duvet,   ...and motion the rest to go on without me....but...I couldn't.  We were on holiday dammit!  we only had two weeks!

So...on we went.  It got worse...then poor Mr. BV got it...then our host and hostess finally succumbed.  I did my job well.  I'm terrible.  But, on we went ... onward; ever onward  ....hahahha... what a bunch of nut jobs.  Well, we had to make the best of a bad thing, didn't we?  Fortunately we both took lots of photos..because I honestly don't even remember some of it.  By then I had bronchitis ... was having horrible coughing fits.  It got worse and by the time we were back a week, I was coughing hard enough to damage some rib tissue. Great.  Finally, it's gone away... just barely. That took months ..... man...what happened to healthy me?  It's annoying to say the least.

Anyway... I did post a few pics of Portugal back when...then got side tracked.... with more physio and just with being sick and not even caring if I blogged or not.  Now...I'm looking back at the photos ...and wanted to share some with you.

Portugal ... the Algarve.... not sure exactly which beach ...but, we stayed in a nearby hotel and walked over to this particular beach at sunset.... beautiful...... many of the beaches we saw had amazing rocky formations on them...actually one area had a name that means that..... was it Praia de Rocha ??  Maria??

Here is a link to the many beaches.   Please have a look...it boggles the mind that there are so many. Not all are big...but, some are...  All have amazing sand, coloured rocky cliffs and outcroppings ... unusual formations... all are different.... all are beautiful.  They clear them of debris and keep them nice and clean.  Early the next morning there was a special cleaning machine busy at work....well, the machine was not alone..there was a guy driving it...  and he had a great grid system worked out that he whizzed over easily..  picking up bottles, cans, and other debris...

If you are interested in seeing other photos of our trips to Portugal...click on the Portugal label waaaay down the sidebar... last year and this year will all show up on there and you can scroll through them all...












3 comments:

Maria V. said...

Love the photos! We are so photogenic ;) eheheh ... too bad you were not feeling your best ... but you were a real trooper and you made the most of the situation. Hope you are feeling better. Miss u. (yep, that's the beach name)

Susan said...

Oh it's just horrible when you get sick on holidays Vee. I blame the plane trip,,, all cooped up together, breathing the same recycled air soup - or is it just my warped thinking!!!

Anyway, Lovely to see your smashingly beautiful pics. Bet you look back on them with a lot of joy. You may have been feeling not too good but at least you have pictorial souvenirs that are stunning!

Lin said...

Oh, gees, what a bad time to get sick! Ugh!

And that took you a LONG time to get over! I think that bronchitis stuff is like that--it is tough to break once and for all. I sure hope you are feeling all better now!

Your photos from your trip are INCREDIBLE! How beautiful it is there!