Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday flowers....

......taken over and through fences of various gardens in Entroncamento on our walks about town on days we actually stayed home.  We put in a lot of miles ....same as last year.... but, this time even stayed away for days at a time.















Who can conceive of being able to grow Bird of Paradise in their backyard when one lives in Canada?  ...hahahha..... they would be covered in snow if they bloomed at this time of year anyway.  Well, every year with the exception of this one.  No snow and temperatures of guess what, today?   a great summery type golfing day here at +14C (courses won't open til end of April ) ....sunny and blue....sigh..... how I wish I wasn't coughing too hard to go outside.  I would surely wet my pants half way 'round the block if I went for a walk.

My sister mentioned that these are definitely not the golden years...not even remotely close to resembling the silver ones either ....she was thinking probably closer to rust and corrosion would be more like it if one tried to describe things.  Yep.  I feel exactly like a rusted out old car body.  Look like one too for that matter.

So, instead, I send flowers..... check out  Susan's header and pics on her post .... beautiful... and Sylvia's too....alway so lovely ...  I saw several blogs with flowers earlier today whilst trying to keep myself occupied and in a position that least initiates coughing.  Because it reeeellly hurts!  Which totally negates lying down....drat.  I just want to lie down and go to sleep for about 4 days right now........

Don't know what these actually are ..but love the watermelon colour....

update:::   some say it is quince....... okay then, we'll go with that.





























And, finally, some blossoms above the hillsides of grapes at one of the Port quintas we visited.  The blossoms were alive with bees.... buzzzzzzing......... I thought I was very brave leaning right into the tree.  Of course I didn't think to zoom in......sigh.... shows how light headed I was already.  Hahahha...what an idiot...

9 comments:

Dolores said...

Wonderful sights for the eyes. Thank you and I hope you get better soon.

moreidlethoughts said...

The one you don't know is
chaenomeles japonica plant; quince

Damn! Blogger won't automaically turn it into a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaenomeles

Lin said...

Oh, I do hope you feel better soon! Are you taking something for the coughing fits? Don't mess around--take what you can to tame them. All that coughing takes a toll on your body. :(

Mary Ann Tate said...

Sorry your still coughing...so am I:( I keep on getting these cramps in my side...ouch. Not to worry though spring is springing...I saw a robin:)

Shashi Nayagam said...

Think it is quince or crab apple. Oh I am sorry that you are still not feeling up to it yet. Are you taking any antibiotics. Looks like you need some. Hope you feel better soon.

Catherine said...

Such a lovely flower!

Is it spring there or did you get a dump of snow? We have had such terrific weather but hubby is convinced we are going to get one more big dump of the white stuff. I hope he is wrong!!!

Have a happy week!
xo Catherine

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Yes I'm quite enjoying our early heat! We hit around 25 yesterday and will be in the 20's till the weekend. I am not going to enjoy going back to winter next weekend.

Mrs Mac said...

Today I saw my first bumblebees of the year! Hurray!!

The blossom is slowly coming out here. It's so lovely. It seems to all appear at once. Daffodils everywhere, like sunshine on a grey day :)

I love those watermelon coloured flowers too. Are they a sort of camelia? Lovely!

I am in awe all over again of your dolls. I am considering trying to make some art dolls. For the faces I thought I'd go with a soft push mold and some sculpey clay. Any thoughts???:)

Mrs Mac said...

Oh it's a quince, is it?
Oh!THANKS!