Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bright straw..

that's what I like to call the colour of this grass.   It's actually Pink Ribbon Grass ...and in summer it is lovely deep green with a light pink center area....

I leave it most winters ....so there is something interesting in the yard even in the snow.  I cut it back in the spring.

This year there was hardly any snow on it..it remained in perfect shape.. .and now... no snow for a long time except last week and a bit yesterday...but, it's all melting quickly.  Lovely days this week again temperature wise... and this looked so pretty from the window.
















PS....just out of curiosity....what became of the little gold pencil that used to be at the bottom or our postings on the blog page?  So we could click on it to change something?  When did that change?  I liked it.  How do you go back into a post now to add something without having to scroll through dozens on the edit page? .... how? .....

3 comments:

Dolores said...

Ha! I never noticed the pencil. I do like your grass though. My daughter is a landscape architect and so we have a bit of the stuff but it's small and round. Yours looks elegant.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Yes...the edit feature has disappeared from my blog front page too...very annoying... now you have to go back into edit posts...

I was looking as some ornamental grass for an area in my back yard that needs something interesting because it's kinda blah. No snow here thanks goodness. We had a great rain storm last night...lots of thunder and lightening:)

Anonymous said...

Mine comes up every now and again. Usually when I don't need to edit. I don't like the new interface either. The old one was so easy. They're still farting around with it now, so who knows how this will all end up!
Sue