Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Baking, dusting, laundry,vacuuming, more baking.... ooooh....

I've already gained back two of those eleven pounds I lost...hahahha... doesn't take much does it?  Just your usual... eating more and moving less.... the only two things that can help with losing or gaining weight.....
My neighbour gave me some freshly frozen raspberries straight off her bushes in the back yard...and I'm hoarding them like gold.  For muffins and scones.....ohhhh....YUM!















The other day I baked some Barm Brack.  If you've never heard of it... check it out on the food blog if you want to see what it is... or give a loaf a try.  There are a couple of slices left if you hurry over for tea.... but only a couple.















The weather continues to be beautiful... +16C yesterday.  Brilliant, sunny, and with perfect clear blue skies..... sigh.... sometimes our fall is better than our summer.  A few golf courses are still open... albeit with mounds of leaves off the main fairways.  I can't take a chance... I can hardly get a glass to my mouth with that elbow now, so I'd better not even think about it.

Had x-rays yesterday to make sure there is no bony involvement...and next week... should begin some physio and massage.  But.. and, BIG but here.... am absolutely not booking any appointments for next week!  Has to be the following week, because......my sister is coming to visit !!...whheeee.....  first time since '05 !.... so hopefully the weather cooperates and stays beautiful.... and we can have an enjoyable few days together.

I know she'll miss her menagerie ... so I'll have to find some pets for her to talk to.... we don't have one.  But, I do know where there are some donkeys, and I should be able to find a cat or a dog...actually I know a dog walker...I'll call Joanne and see if she will drop by one day with a few of her 'day walker' guys.

Another amazing fall day here.... 7C and going up to 15C again.  Maybe I'll try to pull out some of the dead things in my plant pots outside.... and ...well, that's about all this silly arm will be able to manage I guess.  Going for a walk later too....

13 comments:

Gretel said...

How lovely for you to have your sister over, did her wrist get any better in the end? We have had some similar warm autumn days but the wind has turned and it's blooming cold today! Emjoy it while it lasts and don't overdo it with the arm.

Anonymous said...

Do take care of your elbow! Have a fabulous time with your sister. Malcolm would love to visit - but of course I would have to come too to carry his suitcase!!

Catherine said...

Those muffins look totally delish my friend. Mmmm... I am gaining weight just looking at them!

How wonderful that your sister is coming for a visit. I am sure you will have lots of fun.

I'm glad you are getting some nice weather. We are cool in the morning but gets in the 'teens' by the afternoon. I hope it stays another month or two. Could we be so lucky?

Good luck when you start your physio and massage!

xo Catherine

Shashi Nayagam said...

They look so delicious. How are things going with you?

Jennifer Rose said...

send some of that nice weather here please, it was freezing today!

have a great time with your sister!

Daisy said...

Mmmm! Just the picture of those muffins is making me drool!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Vee,

Sorry to hear that you are still having trouble with your elbow and do hope that physio and a massage will help.
The baking look so yummy and would like to have a muffin with my morning coffee I am having now.
Enjoy the time with your sister and hope the weather continues to be beautiful.

Hugs
Carolyn

Connys Cottage said...

woooow jammie


i like it


Conny

sandy said...

oh..been too long since I've visited - I must come by more often, I always miss those give aways and I love to see what you've made. Hope your elbow gets better with therapy.

love that first flower photo below, beautiful...

Dolores said...

I hope you and your sister have a wonderful time together with or without the four legged creatures. Baking looks good. I'm off to make a coconut pie for the graduate.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh do enjoy your time with your sister that is very special.
This post makes me very hungry. Have fun with Sis and take care of those bones. B

Linda Vincent said...

Oooh your baking looks fabulous ...you're making me want to get in the kitchen and create!
Hope your arm gets better very soon ....and have a lovely time with your sister.
Linda xx
(Thank you for your wonderful comments!)

Sylvia said...

Those muffins look delicious, Veronica !
Sorry to hear about your elbow, hope it's getting better soon ...
Wish you a wonderful time with your
sister !
Nice weekend,
Sylvia