Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Suncatcher











Hopefully I managed the illusion of sparkle from my crystal hanging amidst the fuschia. This week's challenge is to incorporate "Sun" into our inchies. ...... pat..pat...pat... that's me patting myself on the back. New challenge is issued each Monday. Look how early in the week I am this time, fellow procrastinators ...! Of course, it's only because as soon as I saw the word 'sun', I thought of suncatchers. Dating myself I know....... and, I still like them too..... so there.

Watercolour pencils on Bristol Vellum sketchbook paper..

Why don't you try your hand at a teeeensy but fun inchy? It is a bit strange at first glance when you draw or cut out a one inch square, believe me. You immediately think...how can I get anything to look like anything on this?? .....but...once you begin to fiddle with it, place miniature pictures on it.. or sketch on it... all of a sudden it becomes your whole world..... and pretty soon....voila! done! ... you step away from it and wonder again ... how on earth did I manage to make it look like anything on paper that tiny? lol.....

You can see what everybody else has done at INCHYBYINCH.

I have no idea what I will do with my collection of "inchies". However, ...for now I am saving them in a perfectly sized little box that a fellow bear maker and crafter from Poland sent me..










She recycled part of a pretty envelope I had sent to her...













10 comments:

Fiona said...

Wow - what a fab inchy - so inspiring - and so early! Well done! LOL! I love the little inchy box - what a lovely idea.

Linda Fleming said...

Love it! And you are really on the ball this week! Is that your xmas cactus blooming already? Mine should start blooming in about a month or so.

Draffin Bears said...

What an incredible amount of work and detail has gone into your little inchy. I love your work and what a cute little box you are keeping them in.

Hugs
Carolyn

daisy said...

Beautiful inchie.

MightyMom said...

simply darling, darling

AngelaC said...

What a beautiful inchy - and great to see an alternative take on 'sun'.

Timaree said...

You did a great job with the theme and painting that little bird. Suncatchers date us? I didn't know that. What else don't I know? Maybe I shouldn't ask and just enjoy my ignorance and all the inchies!

Anonymous said...

Your inchy is beautiful! I love hummingbirds! I even have one hovering over 3 flowers that I drew and then had tatooed on myself! Bet ya didn't know I had tatoos..did ya :)
~HUGS~Heather

Little Blue Violet said...

o your cactus is blooming..how lovely. I think its a great idea keeping your inchies in the custom box. What a delight to open the box and enjoy the art work one by one.

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Hey! Bear size boxes!