Monday, October 27, 2008

Guess who's coming to dinner? ....

My dear friend and diva, Madelaine, that's who. She heard about "the dinner" and absolutely had to be there, "dahling".... even if she didn't receive a personal invitation.














..she's been dieting for weeks and so, of course, is hoping there will be cake....











... and..... cake......











She is a 2.5 inch button covered in pale shell pink satin crepe fabric. (crepe side out) Her face is done with watercolour pencils. The hat is faux fur, but the black mink trim is real. A neighbour knows I do dolls; had a coat altered, and one day showed up at my door with a little bag of black mink scraps... very handy for small projects.

The little peacock feather is a gift from Marie Antoinette.... .. truly... .. dolls by Marie ... she raises peacocks. Even has a white one. She gets beautiful white feathers for her angel wings from him... I also have some .... so I have to make at least one angel for Christmas this year.














The blues and greens on the other feathers are just amazing to me....

Why not try your hand a making a face of some sort?.... If you would like to play along at Embrace the Face.... click and have a look at the site.

I almost thought about doing ET for this one...but decided on Madeleine because I had several doll pins on the go.....

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Madeleine's outfit is absolutely fabulous, DAH-ling! What a nice dinner...oh, cake? Don't mind if I do! LOL!

Vee said...

Oh my, real mink! She's very well coiffed and beautifully dressed...a real lady. Love the expressions that you achieve with these creations.

Me? Create a face? Oh, that would be a riot!

Alexandra MacVean said...

DAH-ling...absolutely stunning! ;)

Hope you are doing well!

MightyMom said...

she's so sophisticated!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful!! I thought the fur looked real...very nice! :)

I love the peacock feathers(and the cake)! :)

Unknown said...

P.S. Hi I heard it was "International Teddy Bear Day" today! We're all supposed to hug our teddy bears today from what I hear.

anya said...

You are so talented. All your creations look so professional!

I'm a sucker for peacock feathers too. But a white one! Amazing. I've never seen one.

Linda Fleming said...

Oh how pretty, Vee! She is lovely and your peacock feathers are lovely.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Dahling! She is just fabulous! Love that she even has real (but recycled)mink!

Guzzisue said...

what a darling lady :-)
( I'm still dryng out wet gear from last weekend)

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Your creations are adorable! I love this piece. She is beautiful and so stylish!

Thanks also for your sweet comments! I hope to try dollmaking someday too! I enjoy trying new crafts whenever I can.

Creative Blessings,
Lisa :)