Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fall leaves...

... that's the latest over at Inchybyinch .... so, I had some fun incorporating real leaves into my inchy for this week. If you would like to try your hand at making one.. go have a look at the site and the other inchies... any medium can be used.











The back ground is watercolour pencil dampened to make it look like paint. The leaves are spirea and the little flowers are centers of potentilla and a blossom from the stalk of hen and chicks...

My collection of colourful choices was spread all over the table..... all the latest flowers and leaves have now been shaken out of books that have been under weights all over the floor...










.....outside the poplars have dropped most of their leaves and with the gusty winds of today surely all of the huge limbs will soon be naked.










you can hardly see sidewalks in some areas...

Poor young Private Elmo.... he's still valiantly pushing fruits of all kinds...some days I actually try.... but on other days... the poor little guy just gets ignored. I must be pretty hardhearted to ignore a cute little face like that..... bad me...











Ramped up my exercise program and wrenched something in my gut. Won't be doing much today except ... ...taking pictures of my laundry room cupboards and drawers wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !! Try as I might, though, I am unable to get a picture of the true colour of the beautiful, soft, sage-y green. The knobs are being installed as I type.... the look of brushed nickel,... oh, my lovely laundry room, tra, la la.... ....it probably sounds a bit silly to be that excited about it...but I am. It is also the downstairs bathroom.. it has a toilet beside the sink counter... this week I think I also found a perfect sized mirror for over the sink. Bringing it home next week to try it out....

8 comments:

MightyMom said...

cute leaves!

can't wait to see the laundry/powder room!

Vee said...

Vee, that's such a sweet composition. My curiosity may be getting the better of me since I have hte perfect little frame somewhere for an inchie.

Fiona said...

This is such a stunning inchy - an inspired idea.x

carolann said...

brilliant inchy hun well done xxxxx

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

The leaves are lovely. I have to say - green seems to be the hardest colour to photograph digitally. What light are you photographing under?

Veronica said...

That wee inchy is totally lovely. I have flowers pressing in between the pages of stacks of books at this moment too. I love it when you forget about them and then one day, while flipping through a book, you come across an old pansy or something.

I once knew an old lady who kept cash hidden in the pages of books on her bookshelf. No body knew about it and I'm sure that when she died the books would have been sent to the second hand shop.

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Hello Veronica,Thanks for stopping by.I'm trying to visit some of my faves blogs today.I'm so glad you like what i did with the fabric you sent.I can't wait to do something with the pink.i love it all again thank you.Btw,I sent out another package Friday to go with the other.go back to my blog and leave a name for the white angel.i am having a contest to name her.It wouldn't be right if you did not put a name in the pot.LOL Hugs Marie Antionette

Linda Fleming said...

Good for you having the cabinet painting done- I can't wait to see your photos of them. I have four of mine done- only 8 more to go.