Tuesday, March 25, 2008

woof, woof...














This is the next in my needle felting attempts. Most of my felting is tiny bears... although I have done some hippos, a mouse and now..trying a little hound type of doggie. Two other ideas percolating in my head at the moment also...but for now.. just this sneak peek of half done.
The eyes and nose are just stick pins called "test eyes" that come in little boxes of various sizes. They are great to test for position and also for size prior to putting in the real thing. I will embroider a nose either that size or larger.

He is a combination of Alpaca and Merino wool... very soft and felts down to nothing so keep adding more wool as I continue to needle it in. Even though I do like the look of some of the firmly felteds, I like making medium to softly felted. I prefer the fuzzy or hairy or softer look, I guess. I even tend to needle in extra tufts of other fur, like bits from mohair or yarns, to give them hair on their heads..or needle in beads or other things....

8 comments:

Guzzisue said...

Hi thanks for dropping by, always good to find someone else who likes bikes and crafty things. I admit that I am a confirmed pillion rider and have been since I was about 6 :)Have you spotted the link for Biker Ted on my blog? Bike tours, tips etc from a bears eye view http://bikerted.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

Sweet ! Can't wait to see the next steps. Maybe a little lesson for those of us who don't really understand what needle felting is or means. xo, S & Winn

C.C. said...

What a sweet hound...hopefully, he's the silent type! I agree with Susan...I'd like to know what needle felting is, too!

Folksie Linda said...

very cute ..your little ruff ruff... glad to hear you had a good holiday.. i think of you all the time even if i do not blog you.. i am still thinking of you. Thanks for being such a good friend to me.. it means so much!
oh and thank you for telling me about the parade..it was super duper and my votes are in. Can't wait to see who wins. What fun!
Hugs, Linda

Mrs Mac said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! I love him! Is he going to be a cuddly, or will you make him into a brooch?

:^)

Louise said...

I'm a bear buddy, although I can like dogs too. He has a very cute profile, can't wait to see his face. x

Folksie Linda said...

He's so cute Vee!! Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

I love him!