Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mmmmmm ....chocolate.........................

Mr. Bumblevee thought I had splurged and treated him to Easter "chockies" early. With a smile, he reached for one and the whole basket lifted....hahahhah..... Not dark chocolate! Plastic! From Michael's. Sure does look like the real thing though...and...is perfect for a little something for bunny to ride in the parade.













I bought a little stagecoach... ripped off its wheels...stuck them on the basket, and, voila...my Easter Parade float was ready to roll.













She, (who as yet has no name), is made from a white wool ... almost like a boucle, with a bit of stretch. First time I have used buttons for jointing and I love it. So quick and easy too.













Her whiskers are broom bristles and she has black glass eyes.
With bent legs she can sit on something.....or, anything ....













uhm......I don't think those will hatch sweetie...













This is my attempt at a second Rufus...not quite the same..but close..... and he is looking a bit worried at the size of this bunny even if she is only 6.5 inches tall. I think she may have been squeezing him a bit tight too.

11 comments:

Zada Creations said...

Such a darling bunny, I hope she enjoys the parade!!
(Hugs),
~Patricia

Kerri Farley said...

Oh she is a Beautiful Bunny! And Rufus 2 is adorable!

Little Blue Violet said...

Sweet Sweet Sweet and what a great idea putting wheels on the basket. That lil Rufus is a chip off the old block. I laughed my butt off about hubby about to eat the faux candy!!!! Thats hilarious !!!!!!

Carole Burant said...

Lol I've seen those faux chocolate bunnies and eggs at Michaels and can't get over how real they look. I so love your bunny, she's so gorgeous!!! Such a darling face she has and I love the arrangement you made to sit her on:-) xox

Folksie Linda said...

Oh Vee, she is your bunny for the parade...wow she is so so cute..don't you just love wool.. i love wool felt..it is so much fun to work with. She's a darling.. and her face is so sweet. Yes we are buds... we never have to grow up..and no one can make us either..LOL!! I love how you got the candy for her to use in the display..it looks so real. Is the basket plastic too.. the one on top? i have been looking for small wall baskets for sometime now.. i wonder if they have them here at our michaels!! Oh i hope you win.. You did such a good job on her!
Should name her something sweet..
Hugs, Linda

Folksie Linda said...

oh and Rufus is adorable too..can't leave him out..what a darling face... I love your blog Vee!! Hugs, Linda

Folksie Linda said...

me again... i noticed you called her Sweetie...that's a great name for her!! See I told ya!! What a pain I am, huh? Hugs, Linda

C.C. said...

Cute! All of it...just adorable!

MightyMom said...

surely she's a Sally-sue bunny boo!!

Linda Fleming said...

Love, love, love your bunny! So sweet and adorable! And her buggy is just perfect her. Rufus is so darling with her! I just want to hug and squeeze them both.

Susan said...

Oh my gosh how cute are they? Little Rufus II must be really really tiny.