Sunday, March 16, 2008

...bit of snow overnight...











It was kind of wintery looking this morning. All white and glistening.... but the sun made a valiant effort and by noon...the temperature had climbed to a wonderful, warmish -8C degrees from -14C... As I was shoveling, the remaining snow was melting totally.... had to take off my coat, ..and, now, the sidewalks are dry and bare again... strange day....but beautiful....

Little Rufus II was sitting on the basket of chocolate eggs.... checking out the sky.... hoping for a sunny day.
I was working on my second little white bunny...
Lisa has some of the first pics of The 1st Annual Softie Easter Parade up today...the "Hot Chicks"... tomorrow, the bunnies..and so on... check them all out each day.... some really great entries by all of the artists.










UPDATE: poor Lisa... sooo many little bunnies and other critters to marshal for the Parade... it is going to go on for days..... wheeee... no bunnies yet... but..soon......... check them all out if you have a few minutes to look at cuteness.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to wait for spring sitting among the chocolates...I'll have to check out the parade... sounds fun
Linda

this is my patch said...

I expect you really appreciate some sunshine after all the snow you have been having. I could do with Little Rufus II to sit and guard my eggs too, I keep eating them. John and I ate ours which I was saving for Easter Sunday last night! There is no hope with the pair of us is there. x

Vee said...

I'll have to follow your link...the picture of the little bear amidst the pink is so cute. Love his expression.

More snow? But the sidewalks are already clear? Lucky you! My driveway is a skating rink and will be for a while.

Have a fun St. Patty's Day!

Yvette said...

I love the way you display your bears. It gives them so much personality and makes them come to life!

Carole Burant said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you my friend:-) After not blogging all weekend, I'm completely behind visiting everyone!! I loved seeing some of the heirlooms that your aunt passed on to you...such treasures, indeed!! Knowing they belonged to your gran makes them even more special. It's -5c here at the moment and the snow is starting to melt a bit but we still have lots of it. It will take many more milder days to get rid of what we have. Have a marvelous day:-) xox

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Ahhhhh littol Rufus looks so cewt!

:@}

Susan said...

Thank you for sharing your heirlooms with me. I have a very few and really know little about them. My mama would say "Oh that old thing>>" and then go off on some other tangent.

What a lot of talent at the Softie Easter parade. I sat here with a cat in my lap exclaiming at each of them...out loud. The cat was quite confused and looking at me strangely :-)

C.C. said...

Rufus II is adorable! I hope he got his sunny day.

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

Hi there! I just stopped over from Periwinkle-your little bears are adorable. Oh my, their little faces are so alive!
Pam